Mindfulness in Practice and Life
Mindfulness Meditation Course for Health and Well-being
(MBSR- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction):
- looking for a safe space to explore mindfulness meditation and the benefits to your Health and Wellbeing that it is possible to gain from regular practice. Then this course of 8 weekly classes could be for you, this is a complete course designed to introduce you to Mindfulness Meditation Practices and be a space in which to explore you own individual experience and share in others as part of a closed and safe group setting.
- A growing body of scientific evidence and research gathered from over 30 years of working in this way, shows that mindfulness can help with:
- Acute and Chronic stress, Chronic pain and illness, anxiety, depression, insomnia and mood disorders.
- Mindfulness is a practical skill and holistic way of cultivating curiosity, clarity, insight, understanding and compassion of your mind and body.
- A way In which you can learn how to take better care for yourself, by exploring the understanding around the interplay of mind and body, and to help you reveal and mobilise your own inner resources.
- During each class, I lead Mindfulness Practices, following the practices there will be an invite and space to discuss/explore your experiences and to engage in exercises looking at strategies of how Mindfulness can support us in our daily lives.
- This can be a rich and fertile learning space in which to explore ways to become calmer and more peaceful, by learning to live in the present moment and not be so pulled or pushed by our tensions and struggles that show up in our thoughts, emotions, body and impulses.
- Mindfulness can help us to learn to live with our busy stressful lives, as they are.
The Art of Being Human
- Taster Session: Monday 16/10/17 – 7pm-9pm Cost £7, bookable in advance
- 8 week Course, on Monday;
- 23/10/17, 30/10/17, 06/11/17, 13/11/17, 20/11/17, 27/11/17, 04/12/17 & 11/12/17
- Time 7pm-9pm (Doors open from 6.45pm)
- Basic Course Cost £65 – This covers Room hire, course materials, Detailed Handouts Teacher Support & Audio Meditations are offered freely - Donations for the teaching are based on participant generosity.
- limited to 10 participants per group
The first session will include 2 guided practices of approx 25 mins each.
The second session will include a 40 min practice.
Both sessions are suitable for both beginner and experienced mediators J
Limited to 12 places per session (for room size and comfort)
Booking required, to secure your space, at the session(s).
Please contact Samantha for further information or to book session(s) at:
MOB: 07722 243131
FB Lanterna Meditation
About Samantha McDonagh
I first met with Mindfulness meditation practices, in 2009 and began Mindfulness Teacher training in 2013.
I have completed Mindfulness Teacher Training Retreats and continue my CPD training with the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice, Bangor University, Oxford Mindfulness Centre and Mindfulness in Schools Project.
I am Certified by MiSP (Mindfulness in Schools Project) to teach the .b programme for 11-18 year olds, in schools and youth community setting.
I teach mindfulness meditation practices, in 8 week MBSR/MBCT (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction/Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy) courses, Introductory Courses, Long Practice (Retreat) days, either in groups or individually.
My own personal practice is supported by attending regular personal and teaching retreats, I am a member of a local sitting group, and offer a sitting group to course graduates. I am a member of various vibrant communities of Mindfulness Practioners and Teachers within the UK and globally, in which teaching and practice are shared.
I am interested in both Western Contemplative and more traditional Mindfulness Meditation teachings and practices, with compassion being at the heart of my personal Mindfulness practice and of my teaching/facilitating.
I engage in professional Mindfulness Supervision and am fully insured.
I teach in accordance with and am committed to the ethics of the UK Network for Mindfulness Based Teacher Training Organisations – Good Practice Guidelines.www.mindfulnessteachersuk.org.
I am a qualified and practicing Counsellor & Psychotherapist (2008). I have worked with adults and children and in the field of human relationships since 1994.
For further information or to discuss your interest contact, Samantha:
MOB: 07722 243131
FB Lanterna Meditation